Favorite Home Recipes: Cauliflower & Sweet Potato Soup

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

After trying several recipes I love combining all the aspects I love and then adding my own ideas. I have been trying cauliflower soup all winter long and am basically in love with it. I've also been addicted to sweet potatoes for the last 6 months or so and decided to throw a bunch into the soup last week. I about died from deliciousness. Tonight I made it again and added a few more things and it is just too good not to share. 





Sweet Potato & Cauliflower Soup 

2 tbsp butter
1 chopped onion
1 head cauliflower broken into florets
2 large sweet potatoes peeled and diced
2 chicken bouillon cubes 
Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning 



  1. Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Saute the onion in the butter for 5 minutes. Stir in the cauliflower and sweet potato and saute for 5 more minutes.
  2. Dissolve bouillon cubes in 2 cups water, add to pot, bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes, or until all vegetables are tender. Transfer to blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Add creole seasoning to taste. Enjoy! 

6 comments:

  1. yum!! we have similar taste :) so i need to try this!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cauliflower soup but yours is a little healthier than the one we make because it doesn't involve cheese ;) I'll have to test this one out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this sounds delicious! I love making soup but find i tend to stick to the same recipes, so cauliflower sounds like a fab one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, this sounds so good! I'll have to try it out :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Leave me something nice!